If you are interested in becoming a member of the Rivers team, the current list of vacancies can be found on this page along with a list of qualifications which can be obtained through our organisation. To apply, please download an Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired role in the subject line.
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) £250
Become a qualified lifeguard and complete your lifeguard training at Rivers Fitness!
- Excellent starting point for a career in the leisure industry
- Opportunity for career progression, as most leisure managers start off as Pool Lifeguards
- Varied working hours
- Work within a team
- The NPLQ is recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
- Great way for students to fund studies
- Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
Emergency First Aid At Work £60
The IQL Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
This one-day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.