Speller Metcalfe have been contracted by Wychavon District Council to construct the new facilities at Evesham Leisure Centre.
The development includes an extension to the existing premises, hard landscaping works to the existing car parking area and the formation of a new overspill car parking area providing 73 car spaces. The new two storey extension will ensure that the Leisure Centre continues to provide anexcellent range of activities and meets the increased customer demand.
The works will see the fitness room area extended into what is currently the studio space. The studio will then be moved to the first floor of the extension, alongside an improved therapy treatment suite.
On the ground floor of the extension a further dance studio and activity space will be created to facilitate cardiac rehabilitation and wellness groups, as well as meeting and consultation rooms, toilets and changing
facilities and a small kitchen.
The extension to the centre is set to open to the public in January 2019. With works now fully commenced we wanted to take this opportunity to give you another update on the progress of the works and give you an idea of the works that will be carried out over the next few months.
• So far all existing Air-Conditioning units have been relocated.
• The Foundations for the building have been excavated and cast.
• The existing façade local to the new extension has been removed.
• Structural steelwork and construction of the extension first floor is
• Ground floor slab insulation membrane will commence enabling the
casting of the ground floor slab.
• External cladding to the extension is due to commence next month.